Li Na vs Sharapova Grand Slam French Open Roland Garros Result on June 2, 2011

Chinese tennis player, Li Na qualified for the final Grand Slam French Open, on clay at Roland Garros on Thursday (6/2/2011), after successfully beat Russian tennis player, Maria Sharapova 4-6, 5-7 in the semifinals.

Advertisement
The final will be held Saturday (6/4/2011), the 11th-ranked tennis world will meet the winner between Italian tennis player Francesca Schiavone with host tennis player Marion Bartoli.

This became the second to Li Na to get away in grand slam finals this year. In January, the 29-year-old also qualified for the final grand slam of Australia, unfortunately in the final Li Na lost to Belgian Kim Clijster with numbers 3-6, 6-3, 6-3.

And if in the Final later, Li Na was able to defeat his opponent, he will become the first Asian tennis player who win the grand slam title.

"I can not believe I could reach the French Open final. So I hope I can do my best in the final next Saturday." said Li Na was quoted by Reuters.

For Sharapova, the defeat at Roland Garros made ​​fails to enter the top 10 female tennis player who won four grand slam. So far the 24-year-old just won Wimbledon, Australian Open and U.S. Open.

To get more result of Tennis match goto Tennis Live Scores. You can also watch free live sporting event at Channel1 | Channel2.

Support

Site MeterEuroSportSportsflyg london W3 Directory - the World Wide Web DirectoryBlogRankers.comSports blogsBritish BlogsBlog Directory
Get this blog as a slideshow!
Powered by feedmap.net